As a designer, Max crafts complex models across tangible and digital mediums. Coherence is what makes a project more than an assemblage of parts. A fascination for geometry, patterns and simplicity guides his work. Max’s ideal team is diverse and passionate.
- Improved Google page speed insight by 40-60 points on average on consultancy projects, meaning all web pages load fast. This was achieved by specifying better cache rules, optimizing database requests and leveraging distributed CDNs.
- Conducted surveys in multiple languages and combined the data into live online spreadsheets.
- Familiar HTML/CSS, the JAMStack, many popular CMS (Craft, Kirby, Wordpress) Node.js, online payment with Stripe.
Allies and Morrison LLP
- Streamlined internal scheduling systems to reduce typical execution times from half a day to half an hour.
- Built testing tools for key project metrics using Grasshopper, from sustainability to unit mix. These tools save time in early stages and can dramatically reduce construction costs associated with an increase in building envelope performance.
- Leveraged BIM to deliver a project documentation on a tight deadline and trained the team throughout, allowing to exceed targets with an under-resourced team.
- BIM lead on two major housing projects in London and Romford, with over 150 units in both.
Florian Busch Architects
- Built the new company website with a robust multilingual (English/Japanese/German) database, allowing for all information to be natively available and in synch across pages. Completed works are also dynamically mapped using geographic data.
- Built custom tools that were critical in winning two major projects in Hokkaido. Both relied on making complex spatial analysis expressed as simple and rich diagrams.
- Oversaw the transition of the office server to a faster, more robust and easy to extend infrastructure. The new system further allowed partners to access the office server remotely via VPN, a key feature when presenting projects to oversea clients.
- Worked on a house and studio in central Tokyo completed in 2019.
- operated and maintained laser cutter
- Point clouds