As a web developer and designer, I transform complex ideas into refined products. Working with both client and user in mind, I create robust systems that are fast and accessible. Understanding what makes the world tick and improving workflows has lead me to work across cultures and industries, including: the UK, Japan & Canada, designing for non-profits, bespoke projects, hospitality, government bodies and property developers. Have a look at my work.
I have recently joined the world's leading liberal voice as a full stack engineer.
With over 10 years of experience building for the web, I have offered services ranging from fully managed websites to transitioning away from legacy platforms. In the last 5 years, I have focussed on bringing a single source of truth and 2D and 3D visualisation.
- Designed and built entire websites with news, portfolio and forms.
- Improved Google page speed insight by 40-60 points on average on consultancy projects, meaning all web pages load fast. This was achieved by specifying better cache rules, optimizing database requests and leveraging distributed CDNs.
- World location mapping and styling with Leaflet.
- Integrated online payment with Stripe.
- Developed JSON APIs in PHP to expose data to collaborators.
- Conducted surveys in multiple languages and combined the data into live online spreadsheets.
Allies and Morrison LLP
Assuming a role of building information modelling lead (BIM), I developed internal tooling workflow, oversaw data exchange with consultants and advised on technical improvements to the company website.
- Built testing tools for key project metrics using Grasshopper, ranging from sustainability to unit mix.
- Developed solar analysis tools leading to major savings in building envelope performance.
- Leveraged BIM to deliver project documentation on tight deadlines and trained the team throughout, exceeding targets.
- Streamlined internal scheduling systems using automation & PowerQuery.
Florian Busch Architects
Assuming a role of technical lead, I helped defined and implement data-driven design within the practice, an internal wiki and the public website.
- Developed GIS analysis tools for development of a ski resort in Hokkaido.
- Produced pictures of an alternative 2020 Tokyo Olympic stadium, which was published in The Japan Times and ReThink Tokyo.
- Built complex digital generative and data-driven models. Taught scripting training sessions to fellow colleagues and improved workflow.
- Oversaw the transition of the office server to a faster, more robust and easy to extend infrastructure. The new system further allowed partners to access the office server remotely via VPN, a key feature when presenting projects to oversea clients.
- Built custom tools that were critical in winning two major projects in Hokkaido. Both relied on making complex spatial analysis expressed as simple and rich diagrams.
- operated and maintained laser cutter
- Point clouds